Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Trip to the International Bakery Industry Expo in Las Vegas


I just got back from a convention in Las Vegas and wanted to share my trip with you.  It was a huge convention, one of the biggest I have ever attended. There were suppliers for equipment, ingredients, packaging and decorating supplies. I also attended some great seminars and workshops. These trips are invaluable to me. I gather so much industry information and come back excited and energized.
  
 Here are decorators who have competed on the food channel.  This is Courtney Clark demonstrating a fun topsy turvy cake set-up that I can't wait to try...Lowes, here I come!

A couple more decorators I have seen competing on TV.  I can't remember the one on the left...but Marina Sousa in on the right. She always wins her cake contests. 


 Various shots from different booths...
There were also a couple of competitions being filmed by the Food Network.  This is a chocolate challenge...the pieces they were building looked amazing.
 
 This was a baking competition...

The United States Entry
A closer view...it is all out of bread!

One of the best things about these trips is seeing my bakery owner friends.  I don't get to see them very often with the hours that we all work, and the couples above both own bakeries in Texas. But it is so great to see them at least once a year to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment