Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baby Shower Cupcake Tree


I am trying to get back on track with this blog. I haven't written on it for awhile, so now I will play catch up! We have done alot of fun things in the last month and this was one of them. This was a cupcake tree we did for my daughter's baby shower. The baby is due in 3 weeks, so I will keep you informed of any news.


The cupcakes were iced in colored white buttercream and chocolate buttercream, then topped with fondant bananas, monkey face medallions and polka dots. Everyone loved the variety of flavors and colorful decorations.


We made a 6-inch fondant covered cake for the top of the tree. The party had a monkey theme, and since we had already made a monkey for another one of her cakes, we decided to make a baby dressed up as a monkey. I thought it turned out adorable. This is a great set-up that you can turn into any theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment