Tuesday, January 13, 2009

At home with sick child

I am at home today with a sick child, Bryn woke up in the night ill. So the good thing about owning my own business and now having enough employees, I can stay home with her and not worry about the business. Six years ago at the very beginning of this venture, it was much more difficult. The last thing a working Mom wants to do is leave them when they are sick. I know the bakery is in good hands and I will return calls tomorrow. This does give me a chance to catch up on some computer work. I must say I was very tired from the Bridal show this past weekend and did not do too much yesterday when the bakery was closed. (I even took a nap!) It also gives me a chance to spend some extra time with Erin before she heads back to K-State tomorrow. We will see if she gets her mountain of dirty laundry done. Jill already went back to begin a new job.



If you didn't make it to the show, I wanted to show you some of our new designer purse and shoe cookies. Cookie decorator and wedding cake consultant, Aurora, designed these to coordinate with our show cakes. They are just adorable and are a part of our new designer cookie line. They have more detail than our basic high heel and purse cookie. The colors can be changed to match your party or event.

Aren't these great!!! They are great for birthdays, showers or any event.


Check out some of the fun cupcakes we made to coordinate with our show cakes too. They each are topped with our signature buttercream icing and a fondant topper. These are also great for many occasions. Thanks for checking out my new blog. I should be back at the bakery tomorrow.
Cheri



No comments:

Post a Comment